We know that sometimes you may have questions between appointments. We have listed some articles that we have found to be helpful and we hope that you will find them helpful also. We will add to this section regularly to try and keep you up to date with information about heath issues.
Information our Midwives have for patients
1. When You're Expecting - Midwife Packet
2. More Things to Think About (while waiting) - Second Midwife Packet
Noodle Soup is a web site with free educational information about breastfeeding.
C- Section Rates
Hospital midwives may mean lower C-section rates.
Flu and Breastfeeding
We are sharing Dr. Jack Newman's post from Facebook.
1. Changes in the Frequency of Pap Tests - /uploads/1/8/0/1/18019511/guildlines_for_pap_testing_colored_microscope.docx
1. CDC Recommendations with regard to vaccines while pregnant http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm
2. Is It Safe to Get Vaccinated? http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-get-vaccinated-during-pregnancy_9541.bc
3. Tdap (Tetanus,Diphtheria and Pertussis) Vaccine - What You Need to Know. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/tdap.pdf
1. Travel alert expanded - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/travel-alert-expands-as-zika-virus-cases-spread/
2. CDC issues travel alert - http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/857389?nlid=97363_3901
3. CDC Zika Virus Disease Q&A - http://www.cdc.gov/zika/disease-qa.html
4. CDC Issues Sex Precautions to Prevent Zika Transmission - http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/858501?nlid=99546_3901
5. 5 Mosquito Repellents that best protect against Zika virus from Consumer Reports - http://www.today.com/health/5-mosquito-repellents-best-protect-against-zika-virus-consumer-reports-t72761?utm_content=buffer30a2c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
1. Amala School of Prenatal Yoga - http://www.amalaprenatalyoga.com/
1 Information on Postpartum Health from the Section on Women's Health of the American Physical Therapy Association - /uploads/1/8/0/1/18019511/american_pta_postpartum_health_2016.pdf
U.S. Women's Health Alliance
Through our membership in the U.S. Women's Health Alliance, our patients can access educational information - https://www.uswha.com/patients/